There are many golfers who suffer from back pain, partly due to poor technique, but many who suffer think it is their golf when in reality it is their lifestyle. The muscles are already tight and so when you play golf your technique is thrown out before you even play a shot. In this sports therapy rehab exercise we are going to perform a simple but highly effective back stretch.
Again we urge caution that if you are suffering from severe neurological pain please visit or contact Therapyroom1.
Level: Beginner (Early Rehab)
Equipment: Golf club
- Stand upright with the ball in front of you, at your feet and golf club in hand
- Move your feet about 12-18 inches apart
- Place hands and club onto your thighs and slowly move your hands down below your knees
- (Keep your knees straight)
- Let your hands lift off your thighs and hang in mid air
- Relax your muscles (including tight hand grip) and just hang free
- After 30 seconds slowly rise back up
|2||30 seconds each time|
Advancement of Exercise
Move your feet apart about 18-24 inches away from each other.
Note:// Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do not over do the exercises as we might not had diagnosed you beforehand.
If you suffer constant dizziness, headaches, pain or are worried that you are not doing the exercise properly then please call 01522 511834 and make an appointment to see one of our highly trained practitioners.