This is a different take on a shoulder press that you might be used to but as Therapyroom1 is all about treating patients with injuries rather than a gym this is perfect for patients who want to:
- Increase shoulder range of movement
- Stretch the upper triceps, rhomboids, trapezius etc.
- Engage the intercostal muscles and improve breathing
Level – End stage
Equipment Gym ball, Wall
- Stand up straight facing the wall and place the gym ball on the wall in front of you
- Stand back so that your arms are outstretched touching the ball
- Bend your elbows and lean into the ball
- Raise the ball upwards with your forearm, your hands are off the ball and your elbows are roughly in line with the middle of the ball
- Press into the ball and hold that position for 10 seconds
- Release the pressure and pull back
|5||2||10 seconds hold|
|Make it harder|
|5||2||15 seconds hold|
Note:// Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do. If you feel pain, please then call 01522 511834 and make an appointment and see one of our highly trained practitioners. Remember we have not examined you!