The Standing roll back is a great exercise that we at Therapyroom1 use to help people who have tight hamstrings and back pain stretch easier. This exercise is something that most medical manual therapy disciplines can make use of i.e. physiotherapy, sports therapy and podiatry.
Level – Intermediate
Equipment – Gym Ball
- Stand with your feet just wider than hips apart, weight evenly spread between each leg
- (Keep your knees straight throughout this exercise)
- Place both your hands flat down on the ball, which is out in front of you
- Slowly roll the ball back towards the space between your legs, trying to push it through your legs
- Hold that position for 3 seconds, then roll the ball forwards again
Note:// Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do. If you feel pain, please then call 01522 511834 and make an appointment and see one of our highly trained practitioners. Remember we have not examined you!