Many people who have tight hamstrings (back of the thigh) will have tight inner thigh or adductor muscles too; they are linked. The adductors are needed to help you walk or run straight.
This is a great stretch that you can do to stretch your inner thigh and it requires very little effort because gravity will do it for you.
Level – Beginners
Equipment – None
- Stand up and face forwards
- Move your legs apart, try and move your feet about 2 feet wider than your hips on each side
- Try and keep your feet in line not letting you left foot stand in front of your right and vice versa
- Hold that position for 30 seconds to 2 minutes
- Stand up and shake your legs out
- Repeat 3 times
The gravity controlled bit of this rehab exercise is that our upper body weight will push straight down between your hips and stretch your adductors.
Make it harder
Whilst standing up, slightly shift your hips to the left or right whilst standing.
Note:// Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do. If you feel pain, please call 01522 511834 and make an appointment and see one of our highly trained practitioners. Remember we have not examined you!