This is a perfect side exercise for everyone, it can be used in the rehabilitation of the hip before and after surgery or in patients who need to stretch the muscles and tendons at the side of the hip. This rehab exercise is also great for stretching the intercostal muscles between the ribs.
Level – Intermediate/Late Stage
Equipment – Gym Ball
- Kneel upright on the floor with your hand resting on the ball besides you
- Slowly pull the ball into your hips
- Lean sideways over the ball, still pulling it inwards.
- Hold that position and then slowly roll the ball out from under your armpit, pushing the ball sideways away from you
- Hold for 10 seconds
- Bring the ball inwards and kneel back upright
[table id=16 /]
Note:// Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do. If you feel pain, please then call 01522 511834 and make an appointment and see one of our highly trained practitioners. Remember we have not examined you!