The spinal roll is a perfect exercise for the upper back and shoulders as well as the lower back too.
Level – Intermediate
Equipment – Gymball, (floor mat optional)
- Kneel upright with the ball in front of you
- Place your hands flat on top of the ball
- Tuck your chin in to your chest and round your back gently
- Slowly push the ball forwards away from you and try to sit back onto your heels
- Keep your spine straight as you stretch forwards
- (try to stretch from your fingers to your hips)
- Slowly roll backwards and up, one vertebrae at a time
Note:// Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do. If you feel pain, please then call 01522 511834 and make an appointment and see one of our highly trained practitioners. Remember we have not examined you!