There are so many people who suffer back pain everyday and most of the time we can treat them at Therapyroom1, but in all cases we give our patient’s homework and this is one of them. It is a great mobilisation exercise for your lower back and if you can do it, I am sure that in many cases it will help you. But remember this is not a substitute for treatment for your back injury…
Equipment: Gym ball (swiss ball)
- Sit on a 65cm or 75cm gym ball, make sure that you are comfortably in the middle of the ball.
- Place your feet on the ground about 18 inches apart.
- Keep your back upright and your head facing forwards.
- Slowly roll your hips forwards and backwards, keep your feet flat on the ground during this exercise.
Gradually increase your time as indicated above over the next few days whilst performing this rehabilitation exercise on the gymball.
Advancement of Exercise
Increase the distance of your forward and backward movement whilst on the ball.
Note:// Below are some injuries which will occur in the spine and if you are suffering from any of these problems will need further treatment call Therapyroom1 for an appointment and do not leave it to get worse.
Types of Injuries
- Arthritis (osteo, rheumatoid, osteoporosis)
- Slipped Disc
- Upper back or chest pain
- Rib fracture or bruising
- Any degenerative disc disease
- Scoliosis, Kyphosis, Spina Bifida
Note//: Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do not over do any exercise, we might not have diagnosed you!
If you feel pain or are worried that you are not doing the exercise correctly then please call 01522 511834 to make an appointment and see one of our highly trained practitioners.