Sports Therapy is in effect physiotherapy for sport. Specifically, it is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries including its rehabilitation.
Our role is to enable athletes/patients to return to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. Furthermore to help them prevent a reoccurrence of that injury in the future. This means that we have to know your sport, how injuries occurred and exactly how to treat it.
- Skilled hands-on evaluation and appropriate diagnostic testing to determine the best overall plan of care, on an individual basis.
- Utilizing a wide range of treatments and techniques, including structured exercise, massage, pain treatment and thorough consultation of their physical and medical history.
- Using the principles of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare patients for training, competition and where applicable, work.
- Using various psychological approaches such as goal setting, motivation, imagery, empowerment, grief and loss to help you through your treatment and recovery.
Sports Therapy Treatment includes:
|Shoulder Pain and Weakness||Sports Event and Team First Aid|
|Acute / Chronic Knee Injuries||Hip and Groin Problems|
|Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)||Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow|
|Muscle Strains||Back and Neck Pain|
|Remedial Massage||Achilles Tendon Pain|
|Core Stability & Balance Training||Ligament Sprains|
|Strength and Flexibility Training||Pre/Post-Operative Rehabilitation|
|Basic Nutritional Advice for Health and Performance||Tailored Fitness Programs|
Therapyroom1 Gymnasium includes:
- Rowing Machine
- Inversion Table
- Vibration Platform
- Gym Weights
- Walking Frame
- Seated Elliptical Exercise Bike
- Golf Club
- Speed & Agility training kit
- Ball Sports
For pain reduction, improve flexibility and circulation, we may use:
- Deep-tissue massage
- Active Tissue Release
To help with mobility and dexterity, we teach patients how to use:
- Walking Hoists
- other adaptive devices
Please Note: Therapyroom1 Sports Therapists also treat many patients that a physiotherapist does using the same treatments and procedures. We have provided them with additional training to treat both patients with sports injuries as well as patients with non-sports specific injuries.