Sports Therapy is one of the vital aspects of healthcare that is specifically concerned with the diagnosis and the treatment of injuries including its rehabilitation related to sport. Our role is to enable athletes/patients to return to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. Furthermore to help them prevent a reoccurrence of that injury in the future. This means that we have to know your sport, how injuries occurred and exactly how to treat it.
- Skilled hands-on evaluation and appropriate diagnostic testing to determine the best overall plan of care, on an individual basis.
- Utilizing a wide range of treatments and techniques, including structured exercise, massage, pain treatment and thorough consultation of their physical and medical history.
- Using the principles of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare patients for training, competition and where applicable, work.
- Using various psychological approaches such as goal setting, motivation, imagery, empowerment, grief and loss to help you through your treatment and recovery.
Sports Therapy Treatment includes:
|Shoulder Pain and Weakness
Acute / Chronic Knee Injuries
Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)
Core Stability & Balance training
Strength and Flexibility Training,
Basic Nutritional Advice for Health and Performance
|Hip and Groin Problems
Back and Neck Pain
Achilles Tendon Pain
Post Operative Rehabilitation
Tailored Fitness Programs
Advice on Injury Protection
Sports Event and Team First Aid
Therapyroom1 Gymnasium includes:
- Rowing Machine
- Inversion Table
- Vibration Platform
- Gym Weights
- Walking Frame
- Seated Elliptical Exercise Bike
- Golf Club
- Speed & Agility training kit
- Ball Sports
For pain reduction, improve flexibility and circulation, we may use:
- deep-tissue massage
- Active Tissue Release
To help with mobility and dexterity, we teach patients how to use:
- Walking Hoists
- other adaptive devices
Please Note: Therapyroom1 Sports Therapists also treat many patients that a physiotherapist does using the same treatments and procedures. We have provided them with additional training to treat both patients with sports injuries as well as patients with non-sports specific injuries.