Ok this is one crazy exercise that I love doing with clients who have nearly reached the end of their rehabilitation at Therapyroom1. This exercise is designed to strengthen quads, ankles, shoulder and back at the same time. Also it is brilliant because it is used in balance rehabilitation too. We came up with it to help basketball players, power-lifters and bodybuilders
Level: Late or End Stage
Equipment: Basketball or soccer sized ball
|Trapezius||Triceps/Biceps||Glutes & Calf muscles|
- From a standing position squat down on both legs
- Pick up a ball with your right hand and out stretch your arm
- Hold for 30 seconds and then stand up again for 10 seconds.
- Squat again down and place the ball in your left hand and out stretch your arm
- Hold for 30 seconds and then stand up again for 10 seconds before repeating.
Advancement of Exercise
Use a weight ball or medicine ball
Note://Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do not over do the exercises. If you do feel pain or are worried that you are not doing the exercise properly or need direct help then call 01522 511834 to make an appointment and see to one of our highly trained practitioners.