Look folks, I want to tell you that this is a nice chest stretch, but I can’t. It is a great stretch but trust me you’re only gonna do this if you are really supple. This exercise will not only work your chest, but also stretch your back. Remember the times when you do one of those back extensions like the crab and your back goes “click, click, click?” Well, welcome back.
Level: Return to sport
Equipment: Gym ball, Mat
- Kneel with the tops of your feet flat on the floor.
- Rest the gym ball on the soles of your shoes behind you.
- Place your hands low on the ball for support and bend at the hips to touch your tail bone (coccyx) to the ball then gently lower your upper body over the ball.
- Take your hands from behind your back to support your head.
- Gently allow your elbows to open outwards and your head and shoulders to lower back a little more.
- Hold the position for a 30 seconds.
- Replace your hands to the ball, behind your back, bring your chin to your chest and roll back off the ball to upright kneeling.
- Repeat 3 times.
Note:// Although these exercises are designed to help you help yourself, we urge caution in all rehabilitation that you do. If you feel pain, please call 01522 511834 and make an appointment and see one of our highly trained practitioners. Remember we have not examined you!